Mike, I do not remember the ram in the Toshiba but it has a 500 hd and the hp has 8 gb ram and a 1,000 hd. I am leaning towards the HP because at the end it will be the same price. If they do not have Bluetooth I think an adaptor is not too expensive. I would like the larger HD because I could slowly move all of my saved stuff on the old desktop to a storage area on the laptop. Maybe then just use the laptop as my main computer and recycle this boat anchor. If I get rid of the desktop, I have a copy of the oem windows setup disk. I would then be able to create a dos partition on Karen's macbook and install windows. She likes windows much better. Since she gets the macbooks free every 3 years she has to use it.

-----Original Message----- From: Mike
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 11:31 AM
To: JFW List
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Toshiba or hp laptop?

Hi Lenny,

Toshiba and hp are both good machines. You should not have any trouble out
of either one. If the laptop has blue tooth capabilities, then you should be
able to connect from 3 to  5 devices to the computer at any one given time,
maybe more. If something refuses to connect, then disconnect something that
you are not using at that time and try again, the device should connect
then. Either machine will work equally well with Jaws, I am curious what
makes up the regular price difference. Does one laptop have more memory than
the other, or maybe a larger hard drive? If so, go with the one with the
largest amount of RAM. I find that I can get by with a fairly small hard
drive, but having enough memory is crucial to having the computer operate
well with jamming up  and it can minimize crashes.  Good luck with your new
laptop, that is the type of deal that I have been looking for. I may have to
check it out myself.

Mike
mike....@comcast.net

-----Original Message----- From: Lenny McHugh