From: Mario
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Cannot get MS updates to download and install

Neal, if you launch windows update and you are given an opportunity to
take the upgrade to windows 10, if you tab once or twice to and space
bar on something like view all updates link. then shift+tab back to the
optional list, open it with an enter, find and uncheck an item about
getting windows 10. then you'll have to check the important updates by
opening the category and checking the checkboxes, tab to and enter on ok
and then install,, you will have to uncheck it in the optional category.

if this is not what you mean and you wanted to get rid of that pesky get
windows 10 nag that keeps popping up, download the gwx control panel, I
suggest the portable version), run it, and remove the get windows 10 app.

gwx control panel:
http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

as for the installing updates that doesn't seem to advance, get out of
windows update, press the windows key and r to run a program, type cmd
and press enter, type mrt and press enter, follow the screens to run a
quick scan. something might be preventing you from downloading and
installing the updates. mrt should fix this. if this doesn't work for
you, something else is wrong, and hopefully someone else will respond.