From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 3:00 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Want to leave the unread left on emails

Hi Kurt,

Let me 1st preface by saying I don't use Outlook 2010, but here's a note
I've saved for future reference regarding this topic:

From: Tom Behler
Hello, everyone.

I don't know how useful this will be to the list as a whole, but thought I
would share it on the list in hopes that it will be of use to someone other
than myself.

For the past few months, I have been struggling with a problem in Outlook
2010, where unread items don't stay marked as unread as I scroll up and down
my inbox message list.

It turns out that this problem can be addressed by changing a setting in the
program, and here's how it's done.

Directions for keeping  emails as UNREAD in Outlook 2010:

Go to the View Tab

In the layout menu click on Reading Pane

Choose Options from the drop-down menu

Uncheck "Mark items as read when selection changes"

Hit OK

Tom Behler from Michigan

From: David
Hello there;
I just want to point out,
The instructions you gave are absolutely correct, However, If folks have the
reading pane set to off, The options button is unavailable.
So, you would need to change the reading pane, to right, bottom, Then make
the change in the reading pane/options.
David

Take care.
Mike
Global warming?  Most likely caused from hot air generated by politicians!