Howdy All,

Running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit & Jaws 16.  Last night I ran Chkdsk & I want to
view the log file, but how the heck do you do it?  Below are the steps I'm
trying to follow, but after opening Filter Current Log, this is where I'm
getting confused.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/accessing-chkdsk-log-on-windows-7/c843541b-5e48-4115-a558-32d2fbf92361?auth=1

 This is not so much a question as it is my attempt to share info.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/2172-63-win7-chkdsk-file-location shows
how to access
CHKDSK log files, but it's buried way down in the responses.  So here is a
summary, for my own convenience  as much as for others'.
list of 8 items
. Click on Start
. Type "Event Viewer" without quotes and launch the Event Viewer.
. In the left navigation pane, under the Windows Logs folder, select
Application
. In the right Actions pane, launch the "Filter Current Log..."
. Under Event Sources, choose Winit (for me the logs didn't show up as
Winlogon, as suggested in some postings to the above thread)
. Click OK
. On the filtered list, go to entries at the time of CHKDSK and look through
them for the CHKDSK log
. In order to look through each one, you actually have to double-click each
entry to open up the details
list end
Take care.
Mike
Global warming?  Most likely caused from hot air generated by politicians!