Yes the keystroke, insert / Jaws key + J, should open Jaws options.

From: CrisM

To get the icons to show up in the system tray, go to your desktop, tab down
three times till you land on Notifications or something, then press the
applications key and press enter on the customize notifications icon option.
From there, you'll be able to move and and select which icons you want to
appear in the system tray. I had this same issue and someone on here
suggested this solution to me and it worked.
Cris

From: Rick Justice

Open the start menu, and type the following in the search box:
notification
In the results, you should find, notification area icons, make sure that
this is selected, and press enter.
When the dialogue opens, you will probably hear Jaws say, okay button, so
just tab until you get into the list of applications.
Each time you tab, you will be on a different application,and using the up
and down arrows will select the behavior of that icon.
When you have finished making your changes, simply tab to the okay button,
and press enter to close the dialogue.
HTH,
Rick Justice

From: Brian Lee

You might have figured it out already, but if not, here is what you can do
in Windows 7.  After setting JAWS to start in the system tray, move to the
notification area using Windows key + B.  Find the Notification Chevron
button
and press spacebar on it.  Use up arrow key to the Customize choice and
press enter key.  If focus moves away from the notification area while using
up or down arrow key, move back to it using Windows key + B, and if
necessary
use the chevron button again.  After using the Customize button, use tab key
several times until you find "Application file for JAWS."  As you tab across
the window, you will find combo boxes for various programs.  Each combo box
has three choices.  In the combo box for the application file for JAWS, use
the up arrow key until the choice for showing JAWS in the notification area
is
in focus.  Tab to the OK button and press spacebar.  The JAWS icon should
now be in the notification area.
Take care.
Brian Lee

Take care.
Mike
Global warming?  Most likely caused from hot air generated by politicians