Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 12:05 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] disabling function keys

Hi,
There you go. Those are the instructions that my wife is going to help me
with tomorrow. I think that will do it for us. Have a great one.

-----Original Message----- From: Kimsan
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 1:43 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] disabling function keys

I've tried all day to find a pair of eye balls to help with the bios to
disable the function keys so my jaws could perform as normal.

On other lists, folks have stated to use the fn key in conjuction with the
key to perform the action, for example, fn, plus f7 for list links, fn plus
f7 for spell check in word. However, I have been unsuccessful, as there are
no eye balls and the fn combo does not work.  For the record, I'm following
these steps.

1.Restart or Turn on your ThinkPad Edge

2.Tap the ENTER key repeatedly (NOT RETURN - this doesn't work)

3.tap F1 to go into the BIOS

4.Tap the Right Cursor/Arrow key once to move to [CONFIG]

5.Go down to [KEYBOARD / MOUSE] Hit Enter/Return

6.Go to [Change to "F1-F12 keys"]

7.Tap Enter/Return and choose [Legacy]

8.Hold Down Fn+F10 to save & exit

9.Choose [YES] (tap Enter/Return)

10.That's it! Yay! Y

I regretfully state I no longer have the box, so the model of my lanoval is
only what my coworker read to me.  I'm desperate, so here is my stupid
question, never mind lol, it will involve jaws to do this and jaws is not
available during this process. I was thinking if someone could remote into
my system but never mind haha.