If I'm not mistaken, you can also have a running dialog using Notepad if
started through the Run dialog by the controlling computer.  I'm almost
positive that at 1 time David Ferrin or Rick Justice & I were doing a Tandem
session, with either of them being the controlling computer, & we used
Notepad to communicate back & forth with 1 another.  We were on the phone
with each other, but I think we were playing around to see if this Notepad
back & forth communication would work.  Personally, whenever I've done a
Tandem session with someone both parties are always using telephone contact
just so the controlling computer person can explain to the target computer
person exactly what the controller is doing, so the target computer / person
doesn't freak out hearing a bunch of computer lingo that they might not be
used to hearing or understanding what's happening.  As far as the Notepad
communication, hopefully Señor Ferrin or Señor Justice will chime in to
confirm what I'm saying about how it might work or, to say I'm full of
.....LOL

Take care.
Mike
The key to happiness is, having a crappy memory.