From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2016 8:51 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Delete key question under jaws 17

Adrian,

I hadn't thought of that, but when I just tried it, the documentation reports
that jaws should delete the character at the cursor then read the next
character gaining focus. It doesn't do that. The documentation also says
something about the functionality being controlled by the application which I
don't understand.

I guess I will make a report to FS. So annoying!

Kimber

On 4/7/16, Adrian Spratt <adr...@adrianspratt.com> wrote:
> Kimber, have you used the keyboard manager (JAWS key+8 on the number
> row above the letters) to stop this key from verbalizing "Delete"? I
> realize that's only half the problem, even less than half. But, even
> though it seems unlikely, I wonder if JAWS would verbalize the deleted
> character once told not to say "Delete" every time. Otherwise, it
> sounds like an issue to bring to FS's attention. I think I've noticed
> a new and unhelpful verbalization behavior with backspace deletion,
> but I haven't focused enough on it to be sure.

Kimberly