Thank you Mike and Adam for your help.!
My spacebar is silent, and I am a happy, grateful camper!

Pauline

-----Original Message----- From: Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 9:16 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Making the Spacebar Silent?

Hi Pauline,

1. If you want to mute the spacebar in all applications.  Press Insert /
Jaws key + 6, on the number row to open the Settings
Center, & press control, shift, + D, for the Settings Center Default All
Applications.

2. Arrow down to keyboard & open it with the right arrow key.

3. Arrow down to manage key lables & open it by pressing the spacebar.  Do
not press enter, pressing enter will close the Settings Center.

4. press the letter, S, until you land on Space Space, Tab 1 time & this is
a toggle so, press the space bar to mute it.

5. Tab to okaypress the spacebar, tab to okay, & press enter to save your
change & close.
HTH
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
----- Original Message ----- From: Pauline Dalton