luc...@gmail.com

Rather than build a wall to keep others out, we must build a chain that links
us together.

On 6/17/2016 11:29 AM, Adrian Spratt wrote:
I figured it out, and I'm passing along the solution in case anyone else encounters the problem. Although I
had typing echo set to "word" in the JAWS settings center, the quick settings for each application
(insert-v) stayed at "character." I've had to change the insert-v setting in each application to
"word." The changes have stuck, which I confirmed by rebooting.
-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 7:58 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Word/character echo

Hi. Although I've set keyboard echo to "word" in the JAWS settings center and
confirmed that it is the setting for all applications, I'm still getting echo by
character. Any ideas?

My hard drive failed and I've needed to reinstall all applications. JAWS is
behaving well in most ways, but there are some strange problems. I'm hoping
each of these problems has a simple solution, and this is where I start.