Hello,

I am using Word 2013 but I think Word 2010 is pretty much the same for auto
text entries.  You still create and use an auto text entry in the same way
you did in Word 2003.  Use Alt with function key 3 to define the auto text,
and once defined when you type the short form in a document you press
function key 3.  In Word 2010 the entry is saved as a building block.  Try
the following steps:

1.       In an open document type the entire text you want to appear in the
file.

2.       Select the text.

3.       Press alt with function key 3 to bring up the new building block
dialog box.

4.       In the Name box type the short form you want to use.  For example
HAGD for "have a great day!"
Note:  With an entry such as "Have a great day" you want to be careful using
or not using an uppercase first letter as AutoCorrect might not change it.
Auto correct does not correct the capitalization for my auto text entries.
If the H of the word "have" is lower case when created that will appear as a
lower case even at the beginning of a sentence.  If the H is a capital and
you use the text in the middle of a sentence it might still appear as a
capital letter.  You might consider using a separate short form entry for
uppercase such as HAGDU with the ending "U" being for uppercase.  In this
case you would type a capital H when first typing in the document and then
use HAGDU for that entry.

5.       Tab across the dialog box.  Leave the gallery as AutoText.

6.       Use the General category unless you want to create a different one.

7.       You don't need to put anything in the description edit control.

8.       In the list of templates where the auto text can be saved the
Normal template should be used unless you want the auto text to be specific
to a different template.

9.       In the Options combo box "insert content only" should be used.  You
can also choose to have the text appear in its own paragraph or page from
this box.

10.   Tab to OK and use enter.

11.   When you now type in the HAGD and press function key 3 the lower case
form of the text will be used.  When you type HAGDU the first H will have a
capital letter.

Take care.

Brian Lee

brianl...@charter.net