Yes, I've seen the problem, but I've haven't got a clue why, nor what to do
about it.

Annette

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of kelby carlson
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 8:15 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Strange MS Word Reading Issue

All,

I have used Kurzweil 1000 to OCR a PDF document and make it an RTF file. I
am reading that RTF file in MS Word. For some reason, JAAWS will read the
word at the end of a line combined with the word at the beginning of the
next line. The two words will sound like one word.
So, just as an example, if the words "of" and "the" are separated by a line
break, then JAWS will read the word as "ofthe". This seems to be a problem
with only RTF files of this kind, but I'm not sure what's causing it.
Unfortunately I do need these documents to be in RTF, as otherwise for
whatever reason the footnotes will not be properly converted.