Howdy,

Another way to hear what Jaws has said is using Speech History, explained
below:
Speech History

By default, JAWS retains a list of the last 50 announcements that were
spoken by the speech synthesizer. For users of refreshable braille displays,
JAWS has always provided a mode where you could review this spoken
information in braille. When this mode is active, you can use the controls
on the braille display to review the last 50 announcements that have been
spoken by JAWS.

Speech History extends this functionality to users who rely on using speech
more than braille. If you miss one or more messages spoken by JAWS, you can
press INSERT+SPACEBAR, followed by H to open a Results Viewer window
containing up to the last 50 announcements spoken by the synthesizer. When
the Speech History window opens, you are placed on the line containing the
most recent announcement.

To clear the history, press INSERT+SPACEBAR, followed by SHIFT+H. The
history is also cleared when you lock the computer or completely log off.

If you do not want JAWS to keep a history of what is spoken, do the
following:

  1.. Press INSERT+F2, and select Settings Center.
  2.. Press CTRL+SHIFT+D to load the default JAWS settings.
  3.. In the Search edit box, type "speech history" without the quotes.
  4.. Press DOWN ARROW to move to Enable Speech History in the filtered
search results in the tree view.
  5.. Press SPACEBAR to clear this check box.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!