From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Lenny McHugh
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:12 PM
To: JFW List <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [JAWS-Users] my computer was hacked

"I'm calling from windows" I think we all have had some of those calls. I
told him that I was not interested then tried to keep him on line as long as
I could to waist his time. He was getting pretty angry as was I. I told him
that my computer is clean that I use a very good anti virus and fire wall.
He said something smart and terminated the conversation. I went up to the
computer and about 15 minutes later everything went down hill. I received a
message from I.E. that my system has been compromised. Also that my fire
wall blocked several attacks. He then got through.
To clean it I first ran combo fix. This cleaned a few items. I then ran
super antivirus it cleaned a few more threats. I followed up by running
malware bytes which also found a few tracking cookies.
Finally a full scan with vipre and it did not locate anything.
I am using vipre fire wall. Is there something that I can set in the Comcast
router to make it more secure? Also any other scanners should I run?
I am pretty confident that the system is now clean but my wife wants the
added security since she does on line banking.
I knew that they were trouble and usually want to install rat software on
your machine, never thought that they would actually hack into it.
He did have my ip address. Not sure how they acquired it.

---

Please visit my web page

It's motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

http://www.LennyMcHugh.com

International Brotherhood of Magicians member #43990 For answers to
frequently asked questions about this list visit: