no no no. the free jaws would work with everything just like any version of jaws you currently have. the free jaws however, needs microsoft office or office365 plus the client either, or, to be installed, and activated for jaws to run as a full copy.

if microsoft office is not installed then jaws would be a 40 minute demo. once office is installed and activated, then jaws will run as a full copy no demo restrictions. have a look at www.windoweyesforoffice.com ... read the f-A-q. that is how jaws for office will work. but in order for it to be a free copy of jaws you would need free voices such as e-speak, speech hub, and microsoft speech platform. and for free OCR jaws for office would have to use tesseract for its OCR.

Josh