Hi, I am running JAWS 18 professional on a windows 10 machine at work and on
a windows 10 machine  at home, both 64-bit.    When I tgo tto check for
updates in the Jaws software, this option is greyed out on both machines.

I phoned Sight and Sound and was told that this was due to a firewall
setting on my computer; however, one machine is in my office in the
university at which I work, the other being in my home.  Both machines had
no difficulty with firewalls in V17.  Am I losing the plot or does anyone
have any suggestions please?

All the best,

Barry