It is un-checked. The computer is a 3 year old Dell MPX 8900. 24 Gigs of memory and about 700 gigs of free disk space. Tom

-----Original Message----- From: Scorpio
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2016 8:02 PM
To: Jaws users list
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Version 18 installation

Did you make sure that the checkbox to only show on top windows is
unchecked?

I only recall this happening on systems that have this security feature, and
really, really old computers.

Scorpio

-----Original Message----- From: T. Civitello
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2016 10:31 PM
To: Jaws users list

Nope! The only thing I see (hear) is "please wait while Jaws is configured"