From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of john_Justice
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2016 6:14 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Office 2010 or 2013

Regarding the differences between office 2010 and office 2016, there are
distinct variations.
In Microsoft Word and in Outlook, the editing functions are quite different.
In Office 2010, you can use keystrokes to enter your instructions.  For
example, ALT+C = Change, ALT+A = ADD TO DICTIONARY, ETC.  OFFICE 2016
requires that you tab through the options and use the spacebar to confirm
your choice.
If you copy text from another source and try to paste it into Microsoft
Word, you are asked to choose how the paste is to be handled.  You can make
permanent changes to this dialog, of course.
Other than that,  there isn't much difference on the front end.  Internally,
there are significant changes.
Saving a file is no longer as easy as it was in 2010.  But, those changes do
make it easier to make sure that the file ends up in the right folder.

That's all I can think of right now.  I'll post again if I think of anything
else.

VERY IMPORTANT!  It is possible to obtain Office 2016 on disk but
downloading it from the web is a serious pain in the butt.  The easiest way
is to create a Microsoft.com identity.  If not, there are many security
measures which impact screen reader users.
JOHN AND LINDA JUSTICE
WITH GUIDE DOGS EDWIN AND CALYPSOE
PERSONAL E-MAIL: john_just...@verizon.net