> * evaluating an XPath expression and seriaizing it as XML text .e.g. to
> implement a <xtags:copyOf> and <xtags:copy> tags like their XSLT
> counterparts <xsl:copy-of> & <xsl:copy>

Well, just as we have getDocument() on navigator, may a useful
thing would be:

        String writeFragment(Object root);
        void writeFragment(Object root, OutputStream out);

DefaultNavigator would provide a really dumb implementation that
calls isElement(), isAttribute(), getAttributeAxisIterator(),
etc, for any models that don't provide a nice fragment-centric
way to generate text.

> * a simple Parser interface to parse some doucment object from a Reader or
> InputStream. e.g. to implement the <xtags:parse> tag.

Sounds like maybe 5 lines wrapping Navigator.getDocument() ?

        -bob