Bridging a discussion from jdom-interest...

I know we have XPath.selectNodes(), but it doesn't necessarily return
a list of nodes.  As mentioned in the previous message, any xpath expr
is legal, and thus, selectNodes("4 + 8") doesn't return any nodes,
but rather an Integer (or is it a Double now?)

I'm all for keeping the methods we have now, since folks are using
them, and I don't really want to break existing code.  But, howsabout
adding a more-semantically-valid method called evaluate(...) which
behaves exactly as selectNodes() does now.  Deprecate selectNodes(),
and phase it out over time, maybe.

        -bob