Hi,

I have got some problems concerning namespaces. I have been using the
DOM implementation and tried to evaluate XPath expressions. As long as
my document does not contain any namespace declarations everything works
fine. However, if it does (with or without prefixes) I get an empty
result list. I am currently working on a Navigator implementation for my
"DOM" and I would like to make sure that the results for DOM and my
implementation are actually identical, so I have to understand that
namespace problem. Sorry, couldn't find anything in the archives.

In the next step I would actually like to implement a Navigator that
supports an object model which is not implementing the Node etc.
interfaces of the W3C. The way Jaxen is abstracting the evaluation of
XPath expressions from the actual object model, seems to suggest that
this should be a "pretty straightforward" task along the lines of other
Navigator implementations I have looked at. Any thoughts on that ? Or is
my understanding of Jaxen wrong ?

Help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

    Stefan