Hi All,

Currently, i'm building my own structure for my xml document (similar to
DOM) and i want to apply xpath to this structure using Jaxen.
As i understand (correct me if i'm worng), normally, you build the
complete model by implementing the DefaultNavigator interface and then
pass this navigator to Jaxen as the Context object then all the
evaluation will be done for you. By doing that, you need to wait until
you build a complete model. My question here is that is it possible to
do the evaluation on the fly i.e evaluation while building the model? If
you implement a small subset of XPath, then it will be more efficient
when using the following strategy:
1. Get each step --> knows the axis and node
2. pass this info to your structure or model  --> need to traverse some
parts of the structure or model to do the evaluation.

In order to implement the strategy above, firstly, i need to know the
axis and node at each step. So far i can do it with Jaxen. Secondly, i
need to know how Jaxen do the evaluation, and i have no idea how this
has been done with Jaxen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Son