Actually, your XPath selects the attribute, not
it's value.  And an attribute has a name and a value,
hence, you're seeing the correct thing.

I think EXML has an Attribute class, which is what
you're getting back.  You can then call EXML methods
on the Attribute object to retrieve (or update) the
value of the attribute.

If you want an xpath to generate just a string-value,
without having to use the EXML APIs, then just wrap
the whole darn thing with

        string(/my/xpath/here)

That'll work, because the string-value of an attribute
is the value, not the name.

        -bob