Hi all

Is there a possibility to reuse an already created instance of the
org.jaxen.jdom.XPath class?

I use the XPath class in my taglibs, and instead of letting each tag to
create its own XPath, I would like to reuse the existing instance.

JSP Pseudo code:

<myTags:valueOf xpathExpression="//Element/@value"
scope="/myXMLfile.xml" />

<myTags:if xpathExpression="//Element/Name/@value" equals="Mr.Smith"
id="smith" scope="/myXMLfile.xml" >

        <myTags:valueOf xpathExpression="//Address/@value" id="smith" />
</myTags:if>

Due to the reuse of jsp-tags, I presume that the two calls to the
'valueOf' tag uses the same XPath instance.
However, I would like that every call to a tag inside a JSP-page should
use the same instance of the XPath class.
In the above example, this would mean that both the 'valueOf' and the
'if' tag uses the same instance, each time with a different
xpath-expression.

What I miss, is in other words a method called:
XPath.setExpression(String xpathExpression)
Is there a workaround?

All help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Morten

 Morten Vinje                           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 AdNovum Informatik AG http://www.adnovum.ch  phone: +41 (1)  272 6111
 Roentgenstrasse 22, CH-8005 Zuerich          fax:   +41 (1)  272 6312