> Jaxen was designed so that Navigation and Namespace-Translation were
> orthogonol, which is why we don't jump through the Navigator to
> resolve prefixes.
>
> So far, it has allowed us to work with the same NamespaceContexts
> against multiple Navigators without problem.
I am not familiar with the concept of the NamespaceContext. I do not
create or provide my own one. I only implemented my own Navigator and
overloaded the public Navigator getNavigator() call in XPath.

So I should also override protected NamespaceContext
createNamespaceContext() and return my own? But what then is the use of
the translateNamespacePrefixToUri method in the navigator?

> Could you please describe your problem in more depth so we might
> could understand what it truly is?

with the line

   myUri = contextSupport.translateNamespacePrefixToUri( myPrefix );

I get :

Matching nodeURI: http://schema.morphon.com/2002/xpath-test name: xpathtest
   hasPrefix      = true
   myPrefix       = xpt
   getLocalName() = xpathtest
   myUri = null

and the test fails.

with the line

  myUri = contextSupport.translateNamespacePrefixToUri( myPrefix );

I get :

Matching nodeURI: http://schema.morphon.com/2002/xpath-test name: xpathtest
   hasPrefix      = true
   myPrefix       = xpt