Yikes!

Did I write that code?  (Anyone else want to claim it?)

Elliotte, you're certainly right that that seems wacky.

Keep those comments rolling in, and I'll try to take some time in the
next few days to correct as many as I can.  (I have no Day Job now,
so that should be easy).

James, how much (if any) will this wreck havoc with the dom4j integration?

        -bob

btw, cool that you're including Jaxen in the book.  So far, most folks
tend to ignore both Jaxen (and SAXPath) and dom4j when talking about
how to do XML with Java.  What a shame.