James,

I like the changes, in particular the merge of org.jaxen.JaXPath to
org.jaxen.BaseXPath, and the bit with the org.jaxen.XPath interface.

I'll definitely test the RC1 in my app, we got a decent testsuite for the
whole thing.

A minor thing that I think should make it to 1.0: The translate() function.
I know there are many implementations floating around. I made one myself,
too. I'll write the test cases, if no one has them ready.

Jan