Jaxen is by no means for 'xml-only' navigation.  Someone
(James?) considered a ResultSetNavigator for navigating JDBC result sets.
Likewise, we could go down the route and do a JCA ResultSetNavigator also,
and become universally useful.

Jaxen doesn't require that all XPath semantics be supported by the
underlying model, so I think that Jaxen can navigate anything you
want to throw at it, given an appropriated implemented Navigator.

        -bob