Bob,

Thanks, that actually works... somewhat.
The only draw back on that is when i go
"/root/node/childNodeA/.." I also get all the children aside from
childNodeA

<node>
 <childNodeA...
 <childNodeB...

Is there anyway to isolate childNodeA and get the the part node
without getting other children during the query. I can always not
call the childNodeB as so on after the query, but if I can
save that step I would rather.

thanks
alex