Hi,

I am new to this world, so sorry if this is a stupid
question. I have a XML document from a Tamino XML
database. Every document is unique identified by
ino:id. In this example the value is 1. The ino:id in
the example is sitting on the metadata tag, but I
could be sitting on other tags. I want to create an
XPath expression that always will give me the ino:id
of any document. I have been trying to accomplish this
via the JDOMDemo that comes with Jaxen. So far I have
not even been able to get the value by ‘hard coding’
the path like this: /ino:response/xql:result/metadata
This I got via the XPath Explorer program. But nothing
is returned in the demo. I must have misunderstood
something fundamental. Is it the namespaces that is
the problem. I read some were that I should provide a
prefix to namespace mapping. I did not succeed in this
either.

Hope somebody can help.

Regards,
Peter Lorenzen

<ino:response
xmlns:ino="http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/response2";
xmlns:xql="http://metalab.unc.edu/xql/";>
        <xql:query>metadata</xql:query>
        <ino:message ino:returnvalue="0">
                <ino:messageline>XQL Request
processing</ino:messageline>
        </ino:message>
        <xql:result>
                <metadata ino:id="1">
                        <errors>
                                <test
fieldpath="ContactList/contact/name/firstName">Der
mangler noget</test>
                                <test
fieldpath="ContactList/contact/birthday">forkert
dato</test>
                        </errors>
                </metadata>
        </xql:result>
        <ino:message ino:returnvalue="0">
                <ino:messageline>XQL Request
processed</ino:messageline>
        </ino:message>
</ino:response>

Beskyt din computer mod virus og misbrug! Læs mere i Yahoo! Sikkerhedscenter på
www.yahoo.dk/sikkerhedscenter