Hi,

after quite some time of inactivity, I am glad to announce, that we have basic support for nested groups in JaxMe. "Basic" means, that the multiplicity is currently limited to <=1. In other words, the following is valid:

    <xs:sequence>
      <xs:choice>
      </xs:choice>
    </xs:sequence>

but the following isn't:

    <xs:sequence>
      <xs:choice maxOccurs="5">
      </xs:choice>
    </xs:sequence>

I have good faith, that this can be extended to general nested groups in the near future.

As a side effect, this should allow us to implement xs:extension properly (by deriving subclasses), because xs:extension is a special case of a nested group with multiplicity 1. Another side effect, we are very close to support for POJO's now. In fact, the marshalling and unmarshalling code doesn't have any more expectations on the objects, the exception being the presence of the bean properties. I also reduced the code complexity to a great deal. (In fact, I must admit, that I definitely overengineered the generation of marshalling and unmarshalling code in the past.)

Questions:

1.) Does anyone have interest and is able to work on the extensions or
    the POJO stuff?
2.) To me, this feature should be able to attract a larger user base.
    In order to enhance the community, I would like to create a 0.4 beta
    release real soon. Thoughts? Volunteers?

Regards,

Jochen