On 11/1/06, Vincent Reviol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

static {
    Class c;
    try {
        Class.forName("java.nio.charset.Charset");
        c = CharSetXMLWriter.class;
    } catch (Exception e) {
        c = XMLWriterImpl.class;
    }
    xmlWriterClassDefault = c;
  }

I understand the issue. However, I am not happy with your suggestion, because
it requires compilation of the CharSetXMLWriter class into the
JMMarshallerImpl, which could lead to problems. Does the following
work as well?

 static {
     Class c;
     try {
         c = Class.forName("org.apache.ws.jaxme.impl.CharSetXMLWriter");
         c.newInstance();
     } catch (Exception e) {
         c = XMLWriterImpl.class;
     }