Hello,

we are having some troubles with Validator and encoding. We have to send
messages with some spanish characters that are not UTF-8 (like Á, É, Ü, and
so on) but ISO-8859-1. We are managing it setting the property JAXB_ENCODING
in the marshaller:

           marshaller.setProperty(Marshaller.JAXB_ENCODING,"ISO-8859-1");

We wanted to validate the bean before marshalling it with something like
this:

       Validator validator = context.createValidator();
       try {
           validator.validate(myBean);
       } catch (ValidationException e) {
       }

The problem is that the validator seems to be doing a marshalling
internally, but this time without the proper encoding, and the validating
process fails.

¿Is it possible to specify an encoding for the validator? I cannot see a way
to do it or tell the configured marshaller to validate before marshalling
(however it is possible for the  Unmarshaller with the method
setValidating(true) )

Thanks in advance,

José Luis.

P.D.: Jochen,  I have heard this project is going to be archived and no
longer developed... is it true?

**