> From: david blay
> I want to generate a JQL result with a comma
> delimiter. So i can save export into excel.
>
> Example: LIST F.USER  SIGN.ON.NAME USER.ID USER.NAME
>
> With this, i would like to know how to save it into
> notepad with a coma delimiter for each row and then
> export it into excel.

David, I don't know your specific goals so please accept this as
a more general response...

When end-users say they want "Excel", they usually mean they want
the sophistication of an application that's been in worldwide use
and active development for over 15 years.  They want colors,
fonts, different row and column sizes, borders, comments, and
multiple named worksheets in a workbook.  This is very different
from what most programmers regard as "Excel" which is plain text
delimited data.  When end-users get the programmer's version of
Excel (a CSV file), they often spend hours to days (yes,
literally) reformatting the data into something presentable, and
merging it with other data to make it meaningful.

This is why I created NebulaXLite which allows you to create
sophisticated workbooks with BASIC. You don't even need Excel.
See remove.this.pleaseNebula-RnD.com/products/xlite.htm
(of course, remove the "remove.this.please", there to deter
spam.)

NebulaXLite has been our best selling product across all Pick/MV
platforms - except jBase.  We don't sell more for jBase, only
because it's difficult to productize a solution like this for
every jBase version and OS (and T24 as well), and for that reason
I haven't been marketing it actively to this audience.  However,
it's fully functional for jBase and T24, and I will try to
satisfy the demand to port NebulaXLite wherever required, if we
can just drum up some demand here.

NebulaXLite is free for developers for non-production use, and
only US$200 for a permanent production end-user license.  There
are no required components, no support fees, and support is free,
as are product updates.

To compliment NebulaXLite, I also created NebulaXChange which is
an end-user offering which goes from Excel into jBase, and
NebulaXPlus which adds any number of other features beyond the
"Lite" product for developers.  Neither of these have been
released yet, but comments and requests are welcome, information
can be found here:
nospamNebula-RnD.com/blog/tech/mv/2011/08/xplus1.html
nospamNebula-RnD.com/blog/tech/2009/03/xchange-intro1.html
(please remove "nospam")

Thanks for your time.  Feel free to email questions to the
(un-munged) address below.

Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development
TG@ remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com
Nebula R&D sellsPick/MultiValue products worldwide,
and provides related development services
remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com/blog
Visit PickWiki.com! Contribute!
http://Twitter.com/TonyGravagno