Tony, you and Simon have given me an idea. Since I'll be doing this again from time to time, it's probably worth the effort to build an EXECUTE.DOS.CMD utility, which would prefix a DOS command with char(255): k and make it do as OS execute. Then I could structure a paragraph line like

EXECUTE.DOS.CMD copy "e:\TinyBearMarketing\GOLDCREST\Images\Purple Martin Decoys & Starling Excluder Doors\PME2.jpg" e:\TinyBearMarketing\GOLDCREST\Images\Export

substituting each image name. I think this might be easier than going the short-directory name route, although that's a trick I'll need to remember. Never know when it will come in handy.

There are about 16,000 image files, and I was planning to do them about 1000 at a time. While they're in the destination folder I am going to resize them, and I'm not sure what 16,000 files at once would do to the resizer program - or a paragraph or batch file, either, for that matter. It might be an interesting experiment.

Thanks,
Charlie