From: jbase@googlegroups.com [mailto:jbase@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of David
Grenfell
Sent: Monday, 29 December 2014 7:04 AM
To: jbase@googlegroups.com
Subject: JB 3.10 ON WINDOWS 7

Gentlemen:

I have a quandary:

Following is some code I am using in a small program to develop a final result
of displaying/printing a list of Unused membership numbers for a church.

I have an index built so that I can select members either by envelope number as
well as by ID

I have initialized EQUATE ENV.NO TO MEMBERS.REC(15)

113 FOR ENVELOPE.NO = BEG.ENV TO END.ENV  (set as 1 to 300)
114    SELECT ENV.INDEX ATKEY ENVELOPE.NO
115    READNEXT KEY index.key,MEMBER THEN
116       MATREAD MEMBERS.REC FROM MEMBERS.FILE, MEMBER ELSE MAT MEMBERS.REC =
117         ** ENV.NO IS MEMBERS.REC(15)
118       CRT "ENV.NO = " : ENV.NO :" index.key = " : index.key : "
ENVELOPE.N”  (this just debugging stuff)
119       IF ENV.NO = ENVELOPE.NO THEN
120 *its on file so skip*
121          NULL
122       END ELSE
123 * its not on file so add it to the list
124          ENV.LIST = ENV.LIST : ENVELOPE.NO : VM
125       END
126    END
127 NEXT ENVELOPE.NO

So, the loop should pull every number from 1 to 300 and look it up in the index
and if it cannot match the number with the the members record, then assume it
is not there.  It seems to work except 99 is missing in my loop .

Here is a segment of the sample data coming off the above code

ENV.NO = 96 index.key = 96  ENVELOPE.NO = 96  MEMBER ISSCHAEF RIC
ENV.NO = 97 index.key = 97  ENVELOPE.NO = 97  MEMBER ISFROOK HAR
ENV.NO = 98 index.key = 98  ENVELOPE.NO = 98  MEMBER ISGATEMA IRE
ENV.NO = 100 index.key = 100  ENVELOPE.NO = 100  MEMBER ISGEBHAR ELA
ENV.NO = 101 index.key = 101  ENVELOPE.NO = 101  MEMBER ISMOYER KRI
ENV.NO = 102 index.key = 102  ENVELOPE.NO = 102  MEMBER ISSCHUKN MAU

My question is, why is my envelope.no 99 missing from the loop.  I am teary
eyed looking for this.

Dave Grenfell

IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this forum.

To post, send email to jBASE@googlegroups.com<mailto:jBASE@googlegroups.com>

---
"jBASE" group.
jbase+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:jbase+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.