Your stuff was (is I guess?) good. I use securecrt because their emulations are
great and performance is generally good. But now I use it because I've used it
so long that I can't get on with anything else.
How are things going for you?

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 1:50 PM -0700, "Bob Rasmussen" <r...@anzio.com> wrote:

So an open question for all: what do you especially like about your
favorite terminal emulator?

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016, VK wrote:

> [...]
>       Jim Idle wrote:
>             It's very likely that subversion is
>             using special code to display the
>             message and probably to read the
>             password.  The answer might be that you
>             cannot do that. That telnet code is very
>             old now, you may be better trying an SSH
>             server.
> However, you could store the SVN password so it does
> not prompt, or, as the enter key works, maybe just
> type the password and see what happens. Perhaps it
> is trying to use a Windows popup?
> Jim
>

> I looked at the subversion code last night and it's a rats
> nest;  it uses this Apache Portable Runtime that I haven't
> been able to untangle.  If anyone wants to have a go I've
> traced it down to
> svn_cmdline_fputs:http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_subr/cmdlin
> e.c?view=markup#l382
> Of particular interest is the USE_WIN32_CONSOLE_SHORTCUT
> define.
>
> It's not using a windows popup:  If you enter the password
> it accepts it and stores it in the svn configuration
> directory.
> The problem I was trying to solve was when a new developer
> attempts to use my code that "PERFORM"s subversion and it
> hangs for no visible reason.  What I figured out is to use
> cmd /c svn ci blah blah 0>&1
> When subversion runs it figures out that there will be no
> stdin coming, and instead of prompting for the password
> and invisibly hanging, it prints out an error message and
> continues.  If the password was already stored it does its
> thing.
>
> The SSH server is a good idea, but more than I want to
> bite off at this time.  (That means upgrading all our
> terminal emulators, configuring them all, etc)
>
> Mark: F2 does not work, neither does running CMD, or doing
> it through a PERFORM.  I'm sure now that it's subversion
> not playing nicely with the telnetd, not the shell.
>
> --
> --
> IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this
> forum.
>
> To post, send email to jb...@googlegroups.com
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to
> the Google Groups "jBASE" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails
> from it, send an email to jbase+un...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

> --
> --
> IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this
> forum.
>
> To post, send email to jb...@googlegroups.com
>
> ---
> Google Groups "jBASE" group.
> it, send an email to jbase+un...@googlegroups.com.
>

> --
> --
> IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this forum.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: r...@anzio.com
  company e-mail: r...@anzio.com
             fax: (US) 503-624-0760
             web: http://www.anzio.com
  street address: Rasmussen Software, Inc.
                  10240 SW Nimbus, Suite L9
                  Portland, OR  97223  USA