I can't think how that would possibly be useful within a reasonably designed
program - why do you need it, out of curiosity?
The only way I know of is to write a trivial C function to do the same.
Jim

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 4:35 AM +0800, "'Ed Clark' via jBASE"
<jbase@googlegroups.com> wrote:

universe has a basic function DESCRINFO that returns the “type” of a
variable—it is a simple variable, a file variable, a select list, assigned or
unassigned, and so forth.
Is there an equivalent in jBase?

IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this forum.

To post, send email to jBASE@googlegroups.com
"jBASE" group.
to jbase+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.