Hello,
  we are running into some issues with files created with OPENSEQ. We are
using Jbase 5.11 over Solaris 10, and we have setup umask 002, in order to
avoid files being writable by others. It works fine if I create a new file
by doing

jsh miaeod ~ -->touch test2.txt
jsh miaeod ~ -->ls -lrt test1.txt
-rw-rw-r--   1 miaeod   tafc           0 Dec 12 22:56 test2.txt

 but if I write a program that just creates a file and closes it, the file
is created with permissions for others to read
jsh miaeod ~ -->CT DEV.BP TEST.OPENSEQ
    TEST.OPENSEQ
001 PROGRAM TEST.OPENSEQ
002 FILE.NAME = "test.txt"
003       OPENSEQ FILE.NAME TO FILE.CREATED ELSE CREATE FILE.CREATED ELSE
DISPLAY 'ERROR CREATING TABLE' ; STOP
004       WEOFSEQ FILE.CREATED
005 CLOSESEQ FILE.CREATED
006 RETURN
007 END

jsh miaeod ~ -->TEST.OPENSEQ
jsh miaeod ~ -->ls -lrt test.txt
-rw-rw-rw-   1 miaeod   tafc           0 Dec 12 22:56 test.txt

   What could be the issue?

thanks

JL

IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this forum.

To post, send email to jBASE@googlegroups.com
"jBASE" group.
to jbase+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.