Hi All,

We've recently (ish) moved from to 5.8.2 from I have no idea what (4.#?).

In the previous iteration I had a dictionary item that I added to most
files and it was labelled 'CNT'. It was a fixed value of 1 and looked like:

    CNT
001 I
002 1
003 MR0,
004 CNT
005 8R

And it was useful for counting records in a report; if I ran a query like:

SORT D:\D_Shared\This Client\ThatCampaign\CUST_GIFT_DATA BY 28 BREAK-ON 28
TOTAL 22 TOTAL CNT (ID

I would get something like:

Last Gift.    Gift Amt    CNT.....
Year

      2014       $75.00           3
      2015       $85.00           4
      2016       $95.00           4
      2017       $65.00           2
      2018       $80.00           3
      2019       $90.00           3
              ========     ========
***              $490.00         19

Having moved to 5.8.2, the CNT dictionary item doesn't seem to work and
running the same query, I get:

Last Gift.    Gift Amt    CNT.....
Year

      2014       $75.00           0
      2015       $85.00           0
      2016       $95.00           0
      2017       $65.00           0
      2018       $80.00           0
      2019       $90.00           0
***              $490.00          0

There's probably a very simple solution; I just haven't found it. Is there
a better structure for a dictionary item like this? Is there a better
solution I could be using?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug.

IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this forum.

To post, send email to jBASE@googlegroups.com