From: Bill Burke
To: Jboss-Development@Lists. Sourceforge. Net
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 4:12 PM
Subject: [JBoss-dev] why is Home lookup an RMI call?

All,

(If this is a jboss-user question, I apologize.)  I've been doing some performance
testing on my code, and I noticed that Home
lookups on the InitialContext is always an RMI call through jnp even though the Naming
service is in the same VM.  Maybe this is a
configuration problem on my part?  If not, then is there any reason the lookup is an
RMI call?  I know I'm being a little lazy not
researching this myself, just thought maybe somebody has a quick answer.  Also, if
this is worth fixing I can probably go in there
and fix it myself.

BTW, I'm using a snapshot of JBoss somewhere between 2.1 and 2.2.

Thanks,
Bill