I just ran into a problem if I closed a Context that was mapped from
ExternalContext ala:

    <mbean code="org.jboss.naming.ExternalContext"
           name=":service=ExternalContext,name=Dispatcher">
      <attribute name="RemoteAccess">false</attribute>
      <attribute name="JndiName">external/dispatcher</attribute>
      <attribute name="InitialContext">javax.naming.InitialContext</attribute>
      <attribute name="Properties">somefile.properties</attribute>
    </mbean>

The client looks something like this:

  Context context = (Context)new
     InitialContext().lookup("external/dispatcher");

  ... some other look ups

  context.close();

There are a couple of bits that use similar code to above (all trying to
access the same external context).  If I remove Context.close() calls then
everything works, but if I try to close them, I get some very odd behavior
(one instance of each class will function, but all other will fail + more).

>From looking at ExternalContext, I can not see anything obvious that could
cause this behavior.  For now I can just not close these contexts (but I am
under the impression that I probably should).

Perhaps Scott would no best, but is this the correct behavior that I should
be seeing.  If you would like more detail I can provide that (such as how to
get a NullPointerException from inside of javax.naming.InitialContext when
attempting to call addToEnviorment() and such).

--jason