Bugs item #428966, was updated on 2001-05-31 04:17
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=428966&group_id=22866

Category: JBossMQ
Group: v2.2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
Hi,

Platform - Windows 2000 (service pack 1)

When receiving messages from a queue on JBOSSMQ using
the following code

queueSession = queueConnection.createQueueSession
(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
            MessageSelector = new String("JMSType
= 'ResultMsg");

queueReceiver = queueSession.createReceiver(queue,
MessageSelector);
queueConnection.start();
message = queueReceiver.receiveNoWait();
while(message != null){

if(message instanceof TextMessage){
     TextMessageList.add(message);
}
message = queueReceiver.receiveNoWait();

}

JBOSSMQ appears to be unable to AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE the
messages as specified in the call to
createQueueSession. If however i replace the call to
receiveNoWait() wiht a call to receive(1000) all
messages are acknowledged properly.

No documentation i can find specifies that this should
be the case so i can only assume that this is an error
in the code. I've attatched a trace from my JBOSS
engine (though there's nothign special in that that i
can see).

Keep up the good work (infinitly better than weblogic
or J2EE reference implementation!!)

Best Regards,

Paddy O'Brien
Jeecom Europe