Hi,

I may be wrong about oracle rowid changing on row update, it's been a
couple of years.  However interbase/firebird dbkey definitely does change
on update, and I think someone mentioned the sql server analogue does too.

In this situation, it seems to me that commit option A cannot be used,
since to get a valid rowid, you have to read the db within the same
transaction you are updating in.

Also, even in Oracle, how can this be used with a newly inserted bean?

create --inserts row in db

later in same transaction, change values on this bean, the generated save
has no rowid unless you fetched it in perhaps ejbpostcreate???  If you can
fix this one, perhaps it can also be used to fetch values supplied by
triggers on insert, such as sequence/generators used for abstract id.

Am I wrong here? Could you explain in detail how this will work?

Thanks
david jencks