While following the recent "LOCKING-WAITING" threads I've been
experimenting/tuning my beans for concurrency by turning reentrant on and
setting TX_SUPPORTS.  Great improvement!

However sql statements always rollback after the bean gets invoked (creaters,
finders, getters/setters anything) without a transaction context.

This may arguably be a bug because the EJB specification (11.6.3) doesn't
define what the container should do, but after reading it, I get the feeling
that it shouldn't rollback.  It looks as though jboss implemented the first
"possible strategy":

  * The Container may execute the method and access the underlying resource
managers without a transaction context.

...sounds like the easiest to implement, but useless IMHO, as it goes on to
ejbStore (or ejbCreate, etc.) and rollsback.

I'd like to see the second strategy implemented:

  * The Container may treat each call of an instance to a resource manager as
a single transaction (e.g. the Container may set the auto-commit on a JDBC API
connection).

I'm looking at the source now...