What if I've got CMP and BMP beans mixed...

-----Original Message-----
From: danch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 12:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-dev] finder optimization(read-ahead) phase 3

Bill Burke wrote:

> Can you explain this again in other words?  I'm kind of confused.  Are you
> saying you don't want to have a hashMap of preloaded data per transaction?
> But just one global cache?  I think that is a bad idea.  I'll clarify more
> if this is what you mean.

That is what I mean (for option A only!). We can also do a look aside
for option A (as you said higher up in your email) to make sure we don't
read-ahead something that's already in the cache.

Here goes again for my rational: In option A, we own the database, so
there can be no external changes. If the data is changed by another
transaction in JBoss, it will go through JAWS load code first, so the
data will be taken out of the read-ahead before it is modified. Have I
missed something?

thanks,
danch