Hi,
     Does anyone know how to turn on cache hit tracking in JBoss without recompiling the code!? Is this possible? I am trying to stress JBoss to about as far as it can get [it has not yet fallen over!!! ] but the time for queries seem a bit odd. I have large intial retrieval times and then they fall off [as expected I guess dues to cache hits - want to confirm this though]. But I do get spikes in the middle [probably because the number of beans has reached a stage where passivation kicks in]. What I'd like to know is whether successive queries actually hit the database or work [as promised] by hitting the cache even under very high loads. I am testing with about 10000 client threads hitting the application server any where between 10milliseconds to about 1000 milliseconds on a huge Tru64 box. The queries could return 1,15,150,1250 records depending on the type of client. The underlying table has about half a million records and is an Oracle 8i database.

Regards,

Vinay