On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 03:38:29PM -0400, Jay Walters wrote:
> Do I need an MBean for each connector which I'm deploying to JBossCX (maybe
> I'm really confused here)? It seems that this is how the two which are
> distributed with the standard JBoss release are configured.  Is this how it
> works right now?  Is there some reason that it needs to be this way?

The way it currently works is that you need an MBean for each connection
factory you want to have in JNDI, just like you need an MBean for each
JDBC connection pool.

It would be nice to be able to set up the connection factory as part
of an EAR, e.g. using a jboss-application.xml file.  I think I left
some commented out code in RARDeployer.java that looks for a
jboss-ra.xml file in the RAR and treats it like an excerpt from
jboss.jcml.

I think this approach is alright, but perhaps we should define a
general mechanism for an application to contain an MBean configuration
that is started when the app is deployed and stopped when it is
undeployed.

Toby.