Hi

> -----Original Message-----
> From: David Jencks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 12:26 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [JBoss-dev] Rabbit Hole Commits in 3.0
>

> So how about including in the ear:
>
> 1. jboss-ear.xml with dtd like

That's OK for me BUT what do you think about making a different
Archive Type file out of it like a JBR-file (JBoss service aRchive)
containing this informations which would allow us to deploy
services w/o an EAR file. Therefore the "ServiceController" would
become the JBR-deployer.

> <!ELEMENT jboss-ear-conf (module+)>
>
> <!ELEMENT module (service-set?, alt-dd?)>
>
> <!ELEMENT service-set (#PCDATA)> -- URI of service archive.
> If you just
> want some mbean instances and the code is already loaded, just use the
> alt-dd element.

Because the name of the MBean must be unique the system can figure
it on themself if the MBean must created and then also if the
class must be loaded beforehand.

> <!ELEMENT alt-dd (#PCDATA)) -- URI of services.xml for mbeans
> that need
> configuration, but classes already in classpath

I don't think this is necessary because the deployement should work
even this instance and/or class is loaded. The only question is how
to deal with reloading of the class when it is already loaded but
you changed the MBean or one of the used classes.

> We have the opportunity for
> <!ATTLIST module idref IDREF #IMPLIED> This could attach an
> mbean set to a
> specific application component, although I haven't thought of
> a good use
> for it.  I don't know if this actually makes any sense.
> Possibly if the
> ideref is missing the mbean bytecode gets loaded by a global
> classloader
> and are available to any app whereas if it is present they
> get loaded by
> the application classloader?  I don't know enough about mbeam
> classloading
> to know if this makes sense.

Normally it uses the classloader of the MBeanServer but you can
specify a particular classloader to use (either the class or
a MBean implementing a classloader).

> 2. Service archive as a jar-ed file with the code for mbeans
> together with
> a jcml-format configuration file.
>

> In both layers the .xml file goes in the META-INF directory.

Looking good for me - Mad Andy