Long story short,

JAXP stuff was build with the same (beginner) mistake as the JAAS stuff in
its classloader structure.

It seems that it was using classforName() instead of the context class
loader stuff. This of course caused JBoss 3.0 to be miserable if the stuff
was not in the system classpath which is very yucky for a microkernel
architecture.

It seems that the new JAXP in xml-commons in apache has bundled in the new
crimson.jar, is better at this, and incorporates the fixes.

Can someone more familiar than I am with the apache jungle compile the new
crimson.jar that includes jaxp.jar so we can use that in JBoss?  no rush but
you know :)

TIA

marcf

|On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, marc fleury wrote:
|
|> thanks for the information.  can you point me to the apache jar?
|
|That can be a bit harder :-)
|
|The Apache sources are available via anonymous cvs, under xml-commons
|repository. ( use the same instructions as for xalan, crimson, etc ).
|
|If you just want the binaries, you can get the crimson package, that
|includes a good jaxp.jar.
|
|We are trying to change xalan and xerces build process to share a
|single copy for all the interfaces ( xml-commons also has what should be a
|"master" copy for org.w3c, org.sax, etc - right now xalan, xerces,